This holiday, I have a perfect craft for you to make with your kids…
Red, White, and Blue Sidewalk Chalk! These festive stars are quick to make and are a great addition to your bbqs and block parties!
You can make these for any holiday – or just for fun. My son is a little obsessed with sidewalk chalk these days. That means his attention is held for at least 30 minutes at a time!
Here’s my recipe:
1/2 cups plaster paris
3/4 cup water
1-3 Tempera Paint (of each color – no need to measure, just add it until you like the shade.)
A mold (candy molds work great, as well as toilet paper rolls and coin roll wrappers.)
Plastic or paper cups and spoons for mixing
1. For 3 colors, put 1/2 cup plaster paris in each of 3 cups.
2. Add 1/4 cup water to each cup and stir to the consistency of ketchup.
3. Add Temera Paint to each cup to reach your desired shade, while not altering the consistency too much.
4. Pour into a mold. For toilet paper rolls, line the roll with some wax paper to keep it from absorbing too much liquid. Stand it up on one end (on more wax paper) and pour into the top.
5. Let it dry a few hours to overnight.
6. Go outside and color!
Have a wonderful Fourth of July!