Thanksgiving is just around the corner.Help get your family in the thankful spirit with this fun Indian Corn Magnet craft! It is simple enough to complete in less than an hour and kids can easily make some to give as a great gift for Grandma, a teacher, or a friend. The beads and magnet can pose a hazard to little ones so, parental supervision of anyone under 3 is necessary
Use this project to help your child focus on the blessings in his or her life. You can make a list of things he or she is thankful for and hang it on the fridge with this magnet. You might be surprised by the things he or she will say once you get started – Mommy and Daddy, friends, or even a favorite toy. My son even added his soccer shoes and ceiling fans to his list.
- Pipe Cleaners
- 11 mm tri-beads in red, yellow, orange, clear, and tan (tri-beads are three sided stackable beads)
- Small round magnet
- Tan colored raffia ribbon
- Cut your pipe cleaners in half and make an X with the two pieces, bending them together. Keep one piece up for the stem while bringing the other three down to form the Indian Corn shape.
- String the colored beads onto each of the three pieces of pipe cleaner. You can put the beads on randomly or make a pattern. Bend the pipe cleaner at the bottom and wrap around the bottom bead to keep the beads on.
- Knot a piece of raffia around the stem, using glue if necessary.
- Glue your magnet onto the back of the raffia and let dry.
Hang on the fridge to hold up your child’s most recent art project!